By Kay Green
August is the month we begin to think about "Back to School". You know the normal tradition of buying new clothes and new school supplies. It is also the month to think about sending our kids "Back To School Safely". Will your kids be safe and protected when they go back to school?
Here is a list of 8 ways to can protect your child and their belongings.
1. LABELS - We label our kids clothes and belongings. Lets also protect our kids by having them all wear a physical ID everyday at school. That can be an ID Scope, ID Bracelet, Shoe stickers or tags. This leaves your contact phone numbers with your child at all times.
2. TEACH your kids what to do if they are ever lost. I teach my daughter to find another mommy and take off her shoe and ask the mom to use the sticker information to call me on my cell phone.
3. CODE WORD- Teach them to never go anywhere with someone they do not know. Have a family CODE WORD that only family members know.
4. WALK or DRIVE them to and from school and the bus stop. In this day and age it is not safe to let our kids walk alone or wait alone for a bus.
5. IDENTIFY - Use shoe stickers to identify all their belongings with your family name and several contact phone numbers. Do not however have the child's name in plain view to strangers (on back packs and lunch boxes). Put the info INSIDE.
6. FRIENDS - Know your children's friends, their names, addresses, and phone numbers. Remind them they are to never go to a friends after school without calling home FIRST!
7. DAILY PLAN - Talk each morning about the days plans and remind them to call you BEFORE changing any part of the daily plan.
8. MEDICAL RELEASE - Give every person who ever cares for your child in your absence a Medical Release ID Card. ..........................
Read the rest at http://www.mypreciouskid.com/articles/back-to-school-safely.html
More ARTICLES about business, parenting, adoption, homeschool and more by Kay Green! http://www.mypreciouskid.com/articles/
See our many other safety and travel items for your special child. We offer back packs, sports packs, safety books, baby sling, adult safety products, pet safety products, TAGGIES, First Aid Kits and much more. We also have some combination packs of these items for even better pricing. Family Safety Products / Wholesale purchasing is available through our rep program.
More ARTICLES about business, parenting, adoption, homeschool and more by Kay Green! http://www.mypreciouskid.com/articles/ Articles written by Kay Green, Christian homeschool mom to Melissa 22, Jordan 19, Allison 17, Haley 4. Her and her husband of 25 years live in rural Oregon with their children. Kay owns My Precious Kid, Kay Green All rights reserved. Reprinting permissible with this author's box and copyright intact.